Nana’s 24/7 Home Care is pleased to offer the ADULT FAMILY CAREGIVING to your family. When it comes to elder-care and age or disability-related services, the best caregiver is family.
Nana’s 24/7 Home Care is an approved provider for the Adult Family Living/Foster Care Program. The program provides the support needed to age-in-place with the assistance of a principle caregiver that lives in the home. The caregiver can be a relative of the care recipient as long as they are not a legally liable relative (i.e. spouse).
Registered Nurse & Agency Oversight:
As a credentialed provider, Nana’s 24/7 Home Care will:
- Provide the caregiver with on-going support by a Registered Nurse that visits regularly (usually every 60 days, or more frequently if needed).
- Continuing education and training for Direct Caregiver.
- A personalized plan of care
- We are required to assure that your home is properly maintained
- Our goal is to make sure the Direct Care provider is meeting the health and safety needs of the participant.
- We provide a 65% tax-free stipend up to $27,010.00 per year which depends on the Level of Care determined.
- Payment is made biweekly and can be by direct deposit for convenience.
- Respite coverage for Direct Caregiver. Time off / vacation is available.
Caregiver Eligibility & Responsibility:
- The Direct Caregiver must be available to take care of the client 24 hours per day unless the client is receiving care from a qualified service e.g. Adult Day Center (ADC), Doctor, Nurse, PCA, another previously approved family member.
- The Direct Caregiver must be at least 18 years of age, be in good health and able to follow written and verbal instructions, report changes in a participant’s condition, maintain confidentiality and requirements specified by the oversight agency.
- The Direct caregiver can be a relative of the care recipient as long as they are not a legally liable relative (i.e. spouse).
- Nana’s 24/7 Home Care & Companion, LLC is a credentialed provider for this service. This means that we provide the oversight that helps caregivers succeed and the financial compensation that they deserve.
To be eligible, families must meet certain criteria, such as being a Connecticut resident, be at risk of nursing home placement, as well as meet certain financial criteria. Adult Family Living / Foster Care is defined as personal care and support services that are provided to participants who reside in a private home by a principal caregiver that lives in the home. The direct provider may be a relative of the participant as long as they are not a legally liable relative (such as a spouse).
There are four different levels of care that depend on the complexity of care needed.
For more information regarding this program, or how and where to make a referral please contact our office at 860-849-9554 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org